- Police Department
- Programs & Services
- WebCheck Fingerprinting
COVID-19 Temporary Suspension
WebCheck fingerprinting services have been temporarily suspended due to COVID-19. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
WebCheck utilizes the Internet to electronically transfer fingerprints and other data to the Ohio Bureau of Identification and Investigation (BCI&I) in London, Ohio. The fingerprints and information from the applicant's Driver's License or state ID is encrypted and electronically stored in the computer. The computer then sends the encrypted information over the Internet to BCI&I, which automatically compares the information against fingerprints and criminal histories stored in the Ohio Automated Fingerprint Identification System (AFIS) database. No criminal history is sent over the Internet.
Results are mailed to the address provided by the applicant. If you are an employer or agency and want the results mailed directly to you, instruct your applicants to provide the WebCheck operator with your business address, not the address of the applicants.
What to Bring to Your WebCcheck Fingerprinting
- A valid, government issued photo ID (driver's license, state ID)
- The address where results need to be sent
- Knowledge of what background check(s) your employer is requesting
- State of Ohio (BCI&I)
- National (FBI)
- Knowledge of the reason/purpose for the requested background check(s):
- Getting a license or permit (financial institutions, liquor sales, security, automotive sales, insurance sales, nursing, real estate appraisal, fireworks, lottery sales, etc.)
- A reason code from the Ohio Revised Code/ORC must be supplied
- Working with or near children (education, teaching, adoption, foster parenting, childcare, school transportation, etc.)
- Working with or near the elderly (nursing homes, healthcare, transportation, etc.)
Payment is due at the time of service; only cash (exact change) is accepted.
- National (FBI) WebCheck - $35
- State of Ohio (BCI&I) WebCheck - $35
- Both BCI&I and FBI WebChecks - $70